1. Hot Chocolate is good.
2. Maeve says, “Mommy looks like a Princess and Daddy looks like the man on Mary Poppins.”
3. The lower wall is done and there is 13 glorious feet of flat in the back yard! It just took a huge wall and 200 tons of dirt, but hey, it’s flat! Second wall should be done in 1-1.5 weeks.
4. Carolina Patchworks readers say, “Isn’t this supposed to be a quilt blog? Where are the quilts?” Well, I am sewing. A lot. I’ve gotten two quilt tops done in the past couple days but I’m holding off finishing and listing them since they are the proof-of-concept quilts for patterns 9 and 10. I am working on something else that should be in the shop this weekend. And I know what I’m doing next. And there is a bunch of business stuff that I’m doing too. Yeesh, I need more hours in my day.
5. The landscapers are finishing up at another job today so all is quiet on the hill. Including the bulldozer-with-wheels-like-Wall-E. Liam is in little boy heaven. We secretly think the owner of the landscaping company became a landscaper just so he could drive this.
And even the little-bulldozer-with-wheels-like-Wall-E joined in.
6. Yesterday I had coffee (Ok, she had coffee, I had hot chocolate. See #1.) with a wonderful fun, smart and spunky lady. It was so nice to have an adult conversation with NO children. Note to self: do that more often. And now the gears are churning in my head as to what to do with this hobby-that-really-isn’t-a-hobby-anymore. I need to go have a drink with the answer fairy because I just can’t decide what to do or what direction to go or to just stay as-is. Sigh.
7. I should get back to work and stop typing random things on my blog.
8. But really, what’s the fun in that? Don’t y’all want to know all the random things going through my head?
9. Ok, now for reals, I’m going back to work. Adios! Now to figure out what categories to put this in…
10. Ok, I published this and then had to come back and add one. Why, when you go to a class at the gym, do people insist on setting up 2 inches from you? Really, it’s a huge room and this is a class when you’re jumping and stepping everywhere. Move away from me please. Ok, now off to work.