Thank you everyone for the comments and compliments.
1. It does feel abso-freakin-loutely awesome to have the blocks done.
2. It took about 9 months overall to make the blocks (I worked on blocks every Friday). There were a couple breaks sprinkled in there.
3. I cracked up at the labor of love comment… I think growing two kids was easier!
4. What am I going to do with it? Sean says I should put it in the shop with a price tag of $12,000. Ha! Yeah, not going to happen. It’s going to live in my sewing room. I’ll finally have a quilt for me! (Seriously, it’s freezing in this room and I have no quilts to use. I want to finish it while it’s still cold! ). I am slightly afraid to use it since it took forever to make and I don’t want to mess it up.
5. This is my backing. And phew, I have enough of it. It’s from Maypole as well.
6. I have no idea what to bind it in. I don’t want to use the purple that is going in the sashing because if I’m going to do the work for the scalloping, I want it to really stand out! I don’t like either of the other purples next to the sashing/scallop color. I don’t think red would pop. So I’m left with yellow or light green I guess? Opionions welcome!!
7. Quilting. I have no clue. Please vote! The options are:
a) a dense meander/stipple. I do this on almost all my quilts. I could get it done in 1-2 days and it would look good (from a technical standpoint). It would also give that cool puckery look since the fabrics were not pre-washed.
b) stitch in the ditch along the sashing. Kinda boring. Huge chance for folds in the backing. But would highlight the blocks some I guess.
c) stitch in the ditch AND special stitching on each block like Jane. If I were a die-hard hand quilter I would so do this. But I’m not. I could do stitching on each block like Jane but on the machine. That would be a b@*%& on a machine though. Possible though, just not the most fun and would take FOREVER.
d) have a long-armer do it. But then I’d have to wait for it and I’d have to let it out of my sight. Cost issue with this one too.
This pic may be of help (that’s A1 through F-6):
I hate inside pictures. The sun was hitting the left side and not the right and it’s just all messed up but lookie! I’m in love. <3
Comments are now closed.