Carolina Patchworks

Tell Me About Meridian, M-i-s-s-i-s-s-i-p-p-i

Posted on by in Misc

So Google tells me that the best way to get from here to Houston (besides just going to RDU) is through Montgomery and Mobile.  The best place to stop overnight would be in between the two but there really isn’t much of anything in between the two.  For just 20 miles more we can take a different road and end up in the perfect overnight spot of Meridian, MS.  Honestly, I’ve never heard of Meridian.  Is it nice enough?  I just want safe and not scary.

What is scary?  My first apartment in (a really bad part of) Arlington, VA.  There was this scary man who used to pace back and forth all day long that I could see out the back windows.  He’d walk up and down the sidewalk making all these scary gestures and facial expressions. The rest of the neighborhood wasn’t much better.  Ten years (2 more apartments and 2 houses) later and this guy still freaks me out.

So does anyone live anywhere near here?  Sean thinks I’m insane for posting this.

6 thoughts on “Tell Me About Meridian, M-i-s-s-i-s-s-i-p-p-i”

1. Sean says:

Not insane, maybe just… overly cautious 😉

2. Jackie says:

Definitely not insane. I agree just cautious. But I don’t know anything about Meridian, sorry.

3. Tammy says:

Well, I’ve traveled through Meridian and I wouldn’t be scared to stay there. It’s certainly better than Montogmery. Mobile is the best, but Meridian is a medium sized town and has lots of “roadside markets” run by really nice people. They will talk your head off and will ask lots of questions. So if your not used to answering questions – get used to it. If you don’t want to give out personal info.-just make it up. People just want you to be friendly and talk. Remember though – some people are still mad about the Civil War. I am being a bit funny – but some people really are still mad about it. There are also speed traps – so be careful of your speed. No you won’t be stopped and disappear forever – just be careful. All in all it’s a pretty nice city and you might “see” a person or two walking around talking to themselves – but they will be spouting Bible verses – so just say Amen if they are close. If they are really close give them a dollar and go about your business – they will say “Bless You” and go on. Again – being a bit funny – but there are all kind of crazy people down South – this is considered the “Deep South” and the towns are proud of them. That’s why they are allowed to wander – “that’s just ol’ such and such he/she is a bit teched (touched), they won’t ahurt nuthin’ “. So go and enjoy !!

4. Stefanie says:

Shhhh……don’t tell anyone…I live there! Email if you want any info…but don’t tell anyone!

5. Melissa says:

My husband is in Meridian often for work stuff. That’s where Peavey is located. 🙂 There’s not much there, but if you want a rec for a decent place to stay pop me an email and I’ll ask him for you. 🙂

6. emily says:

One of the original plans was to go to Mobile but it’s just a little too far for one day. Meridian should work nicely — and we can swing by New Orleans for some lunch on Day 2!

We won’t be in Meridian for more than just sleep but I totally know what you mean about the south (my early childhood was in Tennessee … T-e-n-n-e-s-s-e-e … over and over … all through elementary school).

Off to email Stefanie!

Comments are closed.

Patterns and Books

Looking for a pattern or book? Check the shop for paper and PDF patterns!

Buy 2+ and save 10%!
{code: permasale}

shop.carolinapatchworks.com

emily cier.

quilts. color. fun. life. seattle.