It’s been seen before. And now it’s back.
Enjoy? I promise to post the real thing soon. This is the fall release and it’s coming along awesomely (that’s probably not a word).
You are currently browsing the archive for the Quilts – In progress category.
This quilt goes way back in time.
The lovely Allie from Robert Kaufman sent the kit and pattern my way and it arrived at the house the day the movers started packing the truck (serious torture, eh?). So it traveled cross country in the box of miscellaneous crap that you find when the couch is finally picked up and the random bottle of whatever from inside the cabinet you forgot to look in. After settling in, I did a couple blocks as I had time but time is lacking around here.
Thankfully these past few months I had a chance to sit down and spend some time on a quilt that had nothing to do with work. It was really nice.
I haven’t done any of the borders because I think I want to stray from the pattern on them — but I haven’t decided which direction to go. I think I’ve come up with something but a) I’m still not sure and b) time is lacking again.
So for now, I’ll share this much. I love it. My kids love it. (And by the way, they’ve started trying to claim any new-in-the-works-quilt as their own. They try to figure out what it’s for, who it’s for and then decide they don’t care and claim it. Ha!)
Sorry for the cruddy inside pictures — there is too much white in this to take it outside right now!)
You end up with this.
First mentioned here. I took all the leftover pixels from these quilts (and a couple more that aren’t in the stacks) and sewed them together following a rough sketch. It measures 72″ square and is all Robert Kaufman Kona. Large majority of the pieces are 1″ x 1″. Largest pieces are 1″ x 6″ and 2″ x 2″.
This is for our house and won’t be turned into a pattern. It’s very similar to the original Mrs. Roy G. Biv pattern if you want to make one and need some guidance. And someone asked about a pattern for The Technicolor Yawn Bedroom. No pattern for that one but Volume in Scrap Republic is very, very similar.
I’ll take some closeups once the quilting is done…
I’ve been working on a new quilt for our bed. I finished up the piecing today and dragged Sean out for a couple pictures.
He’s afraid it’s so bright that he’ll never sleep ever again.
The back ended up pretty cool too.
I’ve got to piece some shams, iron it all and then it’s off to Angela!
Now that the quilt top is almost done, I really, really have the itch to paint our room. I would describe the color as, umm, not my style. It’s just a bad, bad dream. No wall should ever be that color. I got two postcards from Sherwin-Williams this week. It’s a sign.